Thursday, September 15, 2011

In the beginning....

 Our journey to Veganism came slowly. My husband and I have always been aware of the foods that we eat...not that that would stop us from eating them but we had a good knowledge of what was good for us vs. what was bad for us....according to popular reason. My father & mother-in-law have both enjoy a {mostly} raw foods diet since all of the kids are {finally} out of the house. We really enjoy talking with them and having them share their knowledge of food in it's raw form with us.

About a year ago my husband and I sat down with our little family and experienced the film Super Size Me, we were appalled at what the 'fast food diet' could do to the body. While this detoured us from fast food we were still pretty careless in our everyday eating.....until, a few weeks ago we watched Food Inc. & Forks over Knives. Both my husband and I watched these two documentaries and decided to make some major changes...no animal products! "WHAT?" our friends say, and then they jump into explaining every reason in the book as to why THEY could never make that kind of change. I really don't care if anyone else makes this change, I can just say that it's only been a week and I feel FANTASTIC! My energy level is up and my husband's {awful} allergies have seemed to subside...we'll keep you posted on any more health progress we make.

The kids! I know that people think this is VERY extreme and their concern turns to the kids....'they don't have a voice in this' I can hear it running through their heads as the look crosses their faces. They DO have a voice in this and have the choice to go with it or dump it. Wish us luck on our vegan journey....I'm SO excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment